On this week’s blog we thought it would be fun to introduce our very own talented residential designer, Michelle Clark, and discover what inspires her. We’ve asked her what she loves about interior design, how she got into the industry and everything in between!
The Work Stuff…
Tell us a little about your journey as an Interior Designer over the years
I studied Interior Design and Decorating as well as Graphic Design in Sydney. They seem to go hand in hand with each other and I have been fortunate enough to have worked for the likes of ‘Inside Out Magazine’ and ‘Adore Home Magazine’.
Where do you seek inspiration?
A lot honestly comes from online… Pinterest and Instagram play a huge part nowadays with inspo images, suppliers and companies at your fingertips. Coming from a magazine background I’ll always love flicking through them too!
How do you stay up to date with design trends?
Online blogs and websites, trade shows and supplier meetings.
What websites or instagram accounts do you follow for inspiration?
What is your favourite room in the house to design?
Ohh… probably kitchens and living areas. They absolutely make a home and are always changing depending on the client and layout.
What is the most difficult aspect of working in design?
Sticking to budgets!!
The Personal Stuff…
- What do you do to unwind? A day at the beach followed by sunset and wine
- What is your favourite holiday destination? Haven’t been yet, but the Greek Islands, Positano and Palawan, Philippines are just one of many on my list!
- Favourite cocktail? Hmm…Mojito or a daiquiri
- Sun or snow? Definitely sun!
- Tell us about the style of your dream home A renovated white Queenslander with original details, lots of rattan, timber and textures. Oh and so many indoor plants!
- What advice would you give to someone wanting to become an Interior Designer? Make lots of connections, you never know when you’ll need them in the future, everyone is always incredibly nice!